Club contact: Georgina Lahaye – PAST PRESIDENT
UPDATED 10th SEPTEMBER 2023 New Syllabus starts September 2023
RECRUITING !! We have spaces for new members. If you know of anyone who fits our ethos, you may invite as a guest with a view to joining our Club. CONTACT: Sheila Munro by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01224 484471
COFFEE MORNINGS: 2nd Wed July 2024 and 2nd Wed August 2024 sign up April/May CONTACT: Sheila Munro (see Outings/Events page)
WALKING GROUP: 20th SEPTEMBER click on upcoming events at bottom of this page (Continues through June to October 2023, then winter break until March 2024) CONTACT: Fiona MacDONALD by email email@example.com
MAH JONG: Start up again 6th SEPT. Curl Aberdeen Viewing Gallery – Hire of room remains unchanged. Tea/Coffee & biscuits price reduced for 2023-2024 CONTACT: Barbara firstname.lastname@example.org
“GLOBAL PROBUS” Contact: Georgina NEW !! Weblink to SEPTEMBER newsletter = https://probusglobal.org/Newsletters/2023_09_PROBUS_Global.pdf Saving time on sending out email / printouts to members. Zoom Link on meetings/talks sent to those who wish to join-in
Our mission to build new friendships and introduce members to new interests through monthly talks covering a wide variety of topics and club activities. Founded 14 June 1995
PLEASE NOTE WE DO NOT FUNDRAISE FOR OTHER ASSOCIATIONS, NOR PARTICIPATE IN LOBBYING.
Members can also sign-up for a great choice of outings, club activities and coffee mornings, not forgetting Christmas Lunch with entertainment. Although we are not a charity, we do attend Charity Lunches.
Members are from Professional and Business backgrounds, but all are welcome – retired or semi-retired ladies 55 years+ with up to 100 members.
Our meetings with guest speaker take place 2nd Wednesday of the month, September through to May, at Curl Aberdeen, Eday Walk, AB15 6LN. 1030 -1200H. Preceded by morning coffee/tea and registration at 1000H.
AGM held in June with lunch at The Marcliffe Hotel, Pitfoddels
Committee Meetings take place first Wednesday of the month and comprise President, Vice-President, Past President, Secretary, Treasurer, 4 Ordinary Members, Website Publisher
- Book Club 1 Meet 2nd Tuesday of the month Aberdeen City West End – Rubislaw Church Hall
- Book Club 2 Meet 2nd Tuesday of the month Cults/Bieldside/Milltimber
- Bridge Club Every Thursday 10am Curl Aberdeen Viewing Gallery (Disbanded)
- Lunch 3rd Thursday of the month Noon for 1230H at various venues
- Mah Jong Meet 1st Wednesday of the month 10am Curl Aberdeen Viewing Gallery
- Short Walks Meet 3rd Wednesday of the month 1030am various places
- Outings (Monthly): Theatre: Ballet & Drama etc; Public Talks eg by Authors / Current Affairs; Special exhibitions (Arts/Culture/Science/History/Geography/Gardens/General etc.)
Annual trip abroad direct flights – usually City Break 3 or 4nights.
- Coffee Mornings: 2nd Wednesday in July & August (10am to 12 noon) Opportunity to chat, sign up for activities
For upcoming events click here
For Current Syllabus click here
For Photo Gallery AGM click here