Club contact: Ian Leask firstname.lastname@example.org
Our club was formed in 1997 and has met on alternate Thursday mornings ever since, now clocking up over 500 meetings. Membership is currently 61, our oldest member being 93 the youngest 69. Attendances are excellent with over 40 members being present at regular meetings. Although we are a male only club, we do include our women folk in all our social activities, ranging from lunches at Christmas and Springtime to Days out, Short Holiday Breaks and an annual Quiz night including supper.
Fortnightly meetings are held on Thursday mornings, starting at 10am for coffee. We then begin proceedings at 10:30 with the main item being a talk or presentation by a guest speaker. Topics are varied but we like to think that there is “something for everyone”.
It’s a relaxed and informal manner but we do maintain a dress code of Lounge Suite or Blazer/Sports Jacket with Flannels and Tie.
New members are welcome, usually introduced by an existing member. If, however, you just wish to come along to “try us out”, all you have to do is pop in to one of our meetings, introduce yourself to the Registrar and be our guest for the day.
Forthcoming meetings and activities
- Apl 11 Clive & Kath Richardson The Woman Who Didn’t Exist
- Apl 18 Annual Spring Lunch at Dewsbury District Golf Club
- Apl 25 John & Freda Hill “S.A.R.D.A”
- May 9 Graham Read Formula 1 – British Champions
- May 23 Stephen Skellern Gold in W.W.2
- Jun 6 John Hargreaves Richard Oastler
- Jun 20 Prof’r Mike Keen Witches, Wizards, Brews & Broomsticks
- Jun 27 Day Trip to Yorkshire Dales &Hawes Creamery
- Jul 4 Roy Parry A Yorkshire Tribute
- Jul 18 Neil Ramshaw British Sporting Heroes
- Aug 1 John Beaumont Beyond Reasonable Doubt
- Aug 15 Martin Cocker Battle of Britain – Win, Lose or Draw
- Aug 29 Lesley Newnham Where Oceans Meet
- Sep 3 Day Trip to St Helens Glass
- Sep 12 Alun Pugh Leeds, Liverpool Canal by Bike
- Sep 26 David Watson Rags to Riches
- Oct 10 Annual General Meeting
- Meetings are held at the Thornhill Social Club, Overthorpe Road, Thornhill, Dewsbury.WF12 0BQ 10am for 10-30am.